Sunday, January 13, 2008

I MET A FRIEND!!

I have many wonderful friends from every corner of the world. I have very good and loyal friends, BUT.....

Almost two years ago I met MY friend. MY soul mate in friendship. We have never met face to face, and we are separated by oceans and continents, but I am sure she was my friend from the day she was born. You see, I am ten years her senior, so for the first 10 years of my life I waited for her to be born. It still took many years for us to meet, but we were destined to find each other.

We are so connected, we read each others thoughts. We feel each others joy and pain. Sometimes there is no need for words, just our love for each other and our love of God and all he created, tells us what the other one feels. I have many friends, beautiful and loyal friends, but only one like Julie.

I met a friend... Julie Wolf. We have never touched hands, but I know we have touched each others lives more than any physical touch ever could.

We know each other's strengths and weaknesses, and are friends in spite of those weaknesses. I will always be her friend - unconditionally, and I trust that the same goes for her.

With a friend like this who came into my life - unasked - I am the richest person in the whole universe. I know we were sent to each other by Divine Intervention. I believe it is a Divine Connection by a Higher Authority that connected us. It was my destiny to meet her. I know we will laugh together and cry together, but we will do it together, support each other - we are friends.


I may have more friends like her, waiting for us to meet, but until then I have a beautiful treasure. A VERY SPECIAL friend. Maybe I will never find another friend like her, but I am happy because I am rich. If I meet another...then I will have an even bigger treasure! In fact, I do have another friend who comes very close to being as special...... Russ, Julie's husband.

Some good quotes about friendship:

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who sit on our shoulders and lift our wings when we forget how to fly."
---Unknown

"Some friends come and go like a season. Others are arranged in our lives for good reason."
---Sharita Gadison

"True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."
---Amanda Kunkle

"A friend shares the good times and helps out by listening during the bad times."
---Molly Oliver

"True friends are always together in spirit."
---Lucy Maud Montgomery


"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, the entire evening sky would be in the palm of my hand."
---Unknown
And this is my pick of the bunch......it reflects my own feelings so well.

"Sometimes in life, you find a special friend. Someone who changes your life just by being a part of it. Someone who makes you laugh until you can't stop. Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world. Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it. This is forever friendship. When you're down and the world seems dark and empty, your forever friend lifts you up in spirit and makes that dark and empty world suddenly seem bright and full. Your forever friend gets you through the hard times, the sad times and the confused times. If you turn and walk away, your forever friend follows. If you lose your way, your forever friend guides you and cheers you on. Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay. And if you find such a friend, you feel happy and complete because you need not worry. You have a forever friend, and forever has no end."
---Unknown

Who else has friends like these. Let me know - please leave your comment.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love you Hyla! How wonderful. Thank you soooo much for being my friend. From all that we have shared so far we already have many starry filled evenings ..a whole Galaxy's worth in fact... and are wealthy beyond our dreams as we share the rest of our lives ... just imagine... the universes we will be enriched with to share with others. And with our new Friends like Roy, and and my angel husband Russ ... Plus you Hyla... Plus Roy Plus all the other beautiful friends we have and will meet, well, I guess God must be happy with us and this make me very very fulfilled, to know that together we are making God Smile. When we make him cry, because of our human weaknesses, i know that with each others love for each other, we can be lifted up with His Grace and Smile again. I love you forever and forever Hyla!