Sunday, January 20, 2008

THE TWO WOLVES

Food for thought:

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside everyone of us.

One is Dark - anger, envy, jealousy, conceit, sorrow, hatred, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, inferiority, lies, pride, lust, superiority and ego.

The other is Light - joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?”
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Deepak Chopra's Seven Spiritual Laws of Success.

1. The law of Pure Potentiality: by believing there are unlimited possibilities for me if I sit in silence and listen, stop doing and start being without judgment.

2. The law of Giving: by joyfully giving more while knowing that I will receive more when I appreiciate what I have now.

3. The law of Cause and Effect: by accepting that I create my future by my choices today.

4. The law of Least Effort: by being in the flow of nature, accepting the present and taking responsibility for myself without blaming others.

5. The law of Intention and Desire: by being in the now where changes are made and stating my desires while understanding the power of my thoughts will create my tomorrows.

6. The law of Detachment: by letting go of the outcome of my desires while taking what action needs to be taken to create my dreams, trusting that what will happen will be for the best.

7. The law of Dharma: by doing what I believe to be my purpose in this life while being in service to others.

Live in the love, light and laughter, for there you find life.

Emotional Intelligence is the knowledge and practice of choice with regard to our emotions and the emotional expression of others in our world (both personally and professionally). Everyone can master these tools and then choose which ‘wolf’ you wish to feed and how to manage other ‘wolves’ based on the goals and intentions you have for your life

No comments: