Thursday, June 5, 2008

WINTER IS NOT THE END.....


Only a time to rest....

I know that many people think of winter as the end of growth. The end of life.....

I believe that there is no end to the cycle of life...it is a circle without end.

Winter is merely the rest period that everything needs before new life begins. First all the leaves change into the most brilliant colours - red & yellow, Amber & gold, just like Joseph's multi coloured coat. Then they leave their home on the plants and find a resting place somewhere down below. Soon the trees are barren, dry - looking sticks embedded in the earth - arms reaching out to the heavens - for what, I wonder.

When I see the beautifully coloured leaves floating downwards they remind me of fairies flying around, seeking a nice resting place for winter. Somewhere to wait until the next life cycle starts. These leaves will join the soil in helping feed the plants when they are ready for the new cycle to start in spring .

The barren trees and plants let more sun filter through to give us extra warmth for the cold winter's days. We are all seeking warmth in our lives, and here these trees, that most people see as ugly and bare, share their spot in the sun with us. Nature is always prepared to share with us, whatever the season - whether in abundance of fruit and shade in summer, or sunshine in winter. Why can't we all learn from nature - be as unselfish as nature!!

The bear sleeps all through winter, and will emerge from hibernation with the tiniest of tiny cubs at the end of winter. Winter also came along to give the bear the rest she needed to produce new life!

Just like the leaves on the trees change their colour in fall and winter, I know that my hair is also changing colour in the autumn of my life. Just like the leaves unite with the soil, I know that I will also become one with the soil again - dust to dust. I know that when that time comes for me, I will only have a rest while I wait for my new cycle of life to start in the arms of my Creator. It will not be the end of life, but the start of a new cycle.

The eternal circle with no beginning and no end.

Here are a few quotes for you to enjoy:

“Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.”

“For the unlearned, old age is winter; for the learned it is the season of the harvest.”..........The Talmud quotes
“No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” ..................................................Hal Borland

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hyla, those pictures in your post are beautiful - are they your own work?

Hyla Weimann said...

Katherine, Thanks....
yes, the pictures are my own. All the photographs on this complete blog are my own work.

Julie said...

Thank you Hyla for sharing this with me and the world! Beautiful. Its still like winter where I live so you are not alone down there entering winter.

Julie

Queen of Vegas said...

Hyla ~
your photos are spectacular. Thanks for sharing your art and creativity! Many greetings from Las Vegas and
Best from The Kingdom
Sylvia Hill
The Queen of Las Vegas
http://www.sylviaslasvegassecrets.com

Hyla Weimann said...

Thank you Sylvia,
I love expressing myself through my photography.